Instagram posted some nice Marketing Tips on how to use Instagram to promote your brand. I think these ideas extend beyond Instagram and can be applied to all channels.
- Be true to your brand: Ensure that your imagery expresses a clearly defined personality and voice.
- Share experiences: Offer a view into the world or lifestyle that your brand makes possible through the eyes of the people who use your products and services.
- Find beauty everywhere: Show how your company sees the world and make it meaningful to people.
- Inspire action: Start a movement around your brand, whether that means inspiring people to capture photos while running like the #runfree campaign from @nikerunning, or to celebrate a delicious yogurt concoction, as @chobani has done with their #creationaday hashtag.
- Know your audience: Learn what people love about your brand, and explore how can you capture the imagination of new customers.
Check out the full article here:
I first heard of this article from http://www.slrlounge.com/instagram-shares-5-tips-successful-marketing